Monday, May 23, 2011

Girls, girls, girls gone wild!!

I'm now living in hormone central! My son, whom I love with all my heart has turned from a once happy go lucky, let's just play video games kid into girls, girls, girls gone wild teen! This change happened literally the minute he walked into the front doors of his middle school and started seventh grade! I yearn for the days of compromise, no emotional break downs over being embarrassed by well....everything, free from Facebook obsession, text messaging, brand name clothes and shoes and freaking out because of a zit. My head is literally spinning! 

Where is the little boy who used to love to wear cowboy hats because he wanted to look just like his best friend Woody from Toy Story; the little boy who once said "Mommy will you marry me?" 


I know those days are long gone but I still cherish them. I've learned that you have to live in the here and now. No matter how many pictures or videos you have it will never bring back the touch, the smell, the laughter of that moment. Be present, be thankful and realize that no matter how frustrating it is and believe me I know....it's still a blessing from God. The good, the bad, the ugly, the hormonal teen who you just want to make stay in their room until their hormones have leveled off are all a blessing.....until tomorrow~

No comments:

Post a Comment