Thursday, May 19, 2011

My second entry!!

Besides sharing my life on this blog; I'm going to discuss current events, social issues and from time to time just sheer gossip. In the last year, I've become a horrible insomniac, which opens the door to late nite munching, watching bad tv, playing games on my phone (gin rummy is my current favorite) or reading The Southern Vampire Series. This morning I woke up around 5 am and while channel surfing I came across the old series "Boston Legal". It's funny how you never notice a show until its been placed in syndication. I missed the majority of the episode but caught Candice Bergen reading the poem "First they came...." by Pastor Martin Niemoller.

Every time I hear this poem being read, it stops me in my tracks. I thought I would enter this as my second entry on my blog..

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists
,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews
,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me..

No comments:

Post a Comment